For the last 15 years the corrupt dictator, Sopot, has oppressed the people of the Commonwealth. His relentless pursuit of unification with the neighboring United Republic has left the country soaked in unnecessary bloodshed. A battle for power and control that leaves the people of the Commonwealth in poverty. As not so ordinary citizens, a squad of super soldiers injected with nano-technology is formed. Fed up after years on the front lines each member vows to unify with the common goal of replacing the dictator.
Developed by THQ's studio, Volition, Red Faction 2 is the sequel to one of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed original game franchises of 2001. Featuring an enhanced Geo-Mod® engine that allows players to strategically alter and destroy the game environment in real-time, Red Faction 2 expands and builds upon the experience and technology of the original game. Defend your country as Alias, a demolitions expert, with the help of five elite squad members, each specialized in their own means of destruction. Fight through diverse levels using vehicles, an arsenal of specialized weapons and explosives in a rampage to overthrow the government.
- Red Faction 2 is powered by enhancements to Volition's revolutionary Geo-Mod engine that allows players to alter and destroy the game environment in real-time.
- Players will be tasked with completing multiple mission objectives with an arsenal of 15 weapons and inventory items at their disposal including grenade launchers, sniper rifles, rail drivers and thrown grenades.
- Acquire superior firepower from multiple boss battles.
- Players will be able to commandeer a number of different vehicles including tanks, hover flyers and submarines.
- Fight alongside 5 elite squad members each with their own unique attack attributes.
- Refined graphics, an auto-save function, enhanced enemy AI and dynamic environments.
- Four-player split screen, customizable computer opponents.
- Dual-handed weapons.
- Multiple mission objectives and game endings.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows® 98/98SE, ME, 2000 or XP with Direct X8.1
- Pentium III, 500 MHz
- 128 MB RAM
- 3D Graphics Accelerator Card (16 MB)
- 4X CD ROM
- Direct X 8.1 Certified Sound Card
- Keyboard or mouse